In this project we will be working in groups of no more than three, and create a simple electronic circuit and find a place in public where it does not belong.
- What will you need to make the device integrate/interact/intervene within the environment?
- Why there?
- What is the function?
- Will it scream out for attention or fade into the surroundings?
- Will it make statement?
- Write a narrative of the experience(s)
- Post visual evidence: Images are good, but video, stop motion animation, etc. are more effective to communicate a complex interaction.
- The presentation will be done in a class critique
In Class Work:
We made our very first Breadboards, a solder less circuit board that makes two lights blink intermittently. Afterwards, we experimented with resistors to see the difference of speeds in the lights.
Make a 'Read and Response' post to these articles:
- Art of Noise
- Electric Body Manipulation
Also, go over the videos on how to correctly use the soldering irons we'll start using next week