Friday, April 29, 2016

Week 12: Debrief

LED Tabletop

For this project I was inspired by this video:


You can find a link to their Instructables in the video description

In my version of this project, I wanted to have more control over the coding by having something trigger the code to interrupt into a seperate code that cause a different LED array to occur. For this project you're going to need an Arduino, an open software interface that has an easy to use Arduino board that you can create or set up codes that can be triggered by on input that creates an output according to the code.

For my project, I'm using a Hall sensor, a chip that is triggered by a magnet, specifically the A3144 or A3144E sensor (Dependent completely on your Arduino or personal preference)

Because this project involves LED's, specifically a role of 16 ft of non-waterproof LED's that you can get through Amazon, you're going to need the FastLed library to find the right code.

FastLED Library

Hall Sensor Code


This code can be found online if you just use a search engine, but my teacher and I reworked it slightly that it can registered with the main code.

Combined Code


This more than anything was the code to check to see if the LED's were working, and trying to start with a base code to work from as I started on this project. Thomas helped me mostly to understand how the code worked on how the input affected to output, but you can find the Arduino guide in PDF to understand the ins and out s of the coding language, and the Arduino and Adafruit websites have resources and forums to help anyone with coding problems they'll have along the way.

How to set up the Circuit between your Sensor and Arduino:



Luckily with the sensor I bought, it came with it's own board so it was easy to know what you're pins were, and how to set up your circuit. My teacher suggested to create this board only so it was easy to manipulate the sensor and a resistor to control the amount of power going into the Arduino.



No comments:

Post a Comment